Wednesday 7 October 2009

Preliminary Task

1)n At a micro, technical level, how well did you film the tasks required – match on action, continuity filming, shot/reaction/shot and exchanging dialogue?

We had a few complixations within exchanging dialougue of shot reaction shot. Sometimes the timing of when it was time to record their acting had come a little to late. Other than that everything was all according to plan. The camera shots Lisa and Kate used were fine however when I was looking through the film that she had edited, I didn't so approve the way she camerad Vidur shoes. The camera seems to be very unstable-(unbalance) doesn't look professional however I can't blame her for it would hard to do a tracking shot.

2) How many mistakes did you make, and what have you learnt about filming?

I haven't make big mistakes, becuase I was only the actor in the film.
Okay, sometimes, I was sitting there and then I was thoughting, oh, you have speak to early or to fast, but the rest was very easy. And there wasn't many mistakes to made.

3) If you had to do this task again, what would you do differently?

I would change the setting and dialogue. It would be based on "relationships". An arguement between a boy and girl argueing about who cheated on who and him finding out that she's been playing with him all a long. The volume of the voice would be louder, the shot reaction shot would be faster,-(When frustration occurs of him looking through her phone), the music would be carmer. As he say's "give me 20 good reasons why I should stay" by Thirsty mirc, the background music slowly rises up with what he just said. As the song hits to a medium stage the two of them will be camerad individually. She'll be sitting in different positions-(shot, shot) on her chair and he'll also do the same however on the ground. The music will be edited on the computer. Why I want to film them in the same room, being in different positions of different shots is to show both of their frustration and how body language is portayed. There will be two cameras used on the both of them.

If I was to do it again I'd ask to edit it or both of us to edit it. If I was to struggle ask Lisa to help me do it with her. I would do the editing along her helping me out. So far I only know how to cut a scene. I want to know how to put the music on, change the volume to soft sound to a loud sound. What type of feature to use when an opening scene is about to come up e.g. A sqaure, fading etc. I had been watching many short opening films of how a conversation is started and the type of feature they use to go to a next scene. This intrigues me very much and I'm hoping and keening to learn more.

I feel I haven't gained an understanding how to edit a film on a DELL computer. What I've benifit from in this project is exploring the many different camera shots. There many I wanted to use however they wouldn't had came to fit with our project. For example a "pan"

4) Describe how you edited the footage, and any problems you encountered.
I can't describe how I edited it for Lisa felt that she was cable enough to do it herself. We all had different roles. My role was to write up the dialogue with Kate and do acting. Lisa's job was to film Vidur and edit.

No comments: