Wednesday 25 November 2009

Editing;1

Posted by Lisa;-

Today in media class, I used this time to edit the footage that we have already.

Some of our clips were too long, so I cut them so that they became shorter. Also, some of the clips that we took were a little shaky at the beginnings and ends, so I cut these faults out of the final piece so that it looked more professional.

Then, to make the actual footage seem more appealing and interesting (also to fit it to the genre of 'horror') I changed them into black and white instead of being in colours. The clips that we have so far are only of the flashbacks and our original idea for the flashback shots were to make them look physically different to the present shots. Black and white is a good way to do this.

I also made them look a lot more creepy by adding a fast blur to them, ghosting effects and linking them together in a suitable order.


I made 4 different pictures on Photoshop that would show the titles for our movie openings.
I added;
-directed by
-edited by
-costumes by
and
-filmed by

and the appropriate names following.
These linked onto the timeline where they were appropriate.

I think that I will remove the 'filmed by' slide and create a title page for our actors, introducing Kim Paxton and Henri Yueksel.

To conclude today's lesson, I used a video camera with the lens closed, to record Kim's voice, as this was Annabell and I's idea for sound throughout the clip. I recorded Kim's breathing and also two lines of dialogue which will later fit into the sequence after we have pieced together all of the video clips.
I still need to get the song that we had agreed on using for our title page, but that shouldn't be a problem to get.

So far, I am very pleased with the progress of our major task and we have been sticking to our storyboard quite well.

No comments: