Wednesday 30 September 2009

Task 1;- Page 11

Posted by Lisa;-
I watched some films under the genre thriller, horror and mystery to get some of the ideas I had for our main task for the coursework. (Movie opening titles). By using lots of different movies in these genres to help me get ideas of how I could set out our groups' opening sequence, I have been given a lot more ideas on things like;
- The storyline
- Some possible camera shots I would like to try out
- Ways to show the credits
- Music and sound effects I would like to use

I got a lot of inspiration from the AS pieces from last year, the ones who did similar genres to the one my group has picked.

I like the way the movies used actual film companies at the beginning. For example, 20th Century Fox. This gives the sequence a little more 'reality' and is, I think, a good way to open the project.


I then looked at the idea of having someone (the actor/actress) holding the video camera while running. This adds a bit of tension as we could also use sound effects at this part to enhance breathing noises which is adding to the horror genre. I also think it looks really effective as you can see the background moving behind them. It's as if we are with them while they are running.

I then liked the idea for cross-cutting to another character from the running shot. This gives a sense of mystery, introduces a new character, and enhances the plot. An extreme close-up grabbed my attention from one of the films made last year. It was of one of the characters' eyes.
To show location, I liked the beginning of 'Mercy', a Year 12 product last year. It begins looking up at the trees. I liked this as it made it a little bit eerie since the location looked so empty and quiet. I thought this linked in with my groups chosen genres; horror, mystery and thriller.

Here are a couple of other screenshots I took of the 'running' scene that I liked. The camera shots are ones that I want to take into consideration for our project as I found them effective and I thought they looked quite good.

No comments: